Project Health Checklist / Practices Checklist
Should establish clear communication paths and roles within a project.
- Ensure the team is on the same page for target/milestone completion.
- Ensure that the team understands the value of the software they are building.
- Roles should be clearly defined (i.e. Product Manager, Scrum Master etc.)
Should follow one of the Agile Methodologies of Software Development
- Scrum Master is rotated after every 4 sprints.
- XP etc.
- Should maintain a document for dependency (roles and responsibility) and access level (for repository and other resources) of each team member on the Project.
- Should have a proper Release Cycle that suits the Project.
Should have a single document management system.
- Statement of Work
- Architecture Documents
- Project Plan/ RoadMap/ Milestone Planning
- Meeting Notes
- Retrospective Documents
- Release Note Documents
- Incident Reports / Bug Tracking/ Diagnostic Reports
- User Guide
- Change Requests from Clients
- Team Health Check
- Should maintain primary contact of clients.(in absence of team lead, need to make sure to keep everyone on loop [i.e on emails etc]).
- The Project Board should be actively maintained while working and start communicating on that.
- Should have a proper Git Strategy and PR Review Strategy.
- Should have a metric tool to check code quality.
Should create a comprehensive document for local project setup.
- For Developers
- For Server Deployments
Credentials should be managed centrally for a Project.
- All environment variables required for Project Should be listed as well.
- Should have an Application Performance Monitoring tool enabled in the Project.
- Should have a proper Incident Management Strategy that suits the project’s needs.