Key Responsibility Area
- Design, develop, test, secure, support and maintain a wide variety of next generation databases.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Install and maintain the performance of cloud based database servers.
- Set and maintain database standards
- Manage database access.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database clients.
- Ensure all data is loaded, replicated, backed-up and stored to maximize the utility for analysis, back-testing, reporting and all other client’s business functions.
- Develop and optimize data tables using best practices for data transfer and storage optimizations etc
- Participate in architecture design and discussions
- Provide logical and physical data design, and database modeling
- Be part of the Agile team to collaborate and to help shape requirements
Skills and Qualifications
- 3 years of experience designing and managing a complex database infrastructure, preferably worked for health care or aviation institution, with a computer science, math or engineering degree
- Strong knowledge of SQL and No-SQL databases, replication, cloud database services and shell scripting on Linux and other modern technology platforms
- Good understanding of key design principles for data architecture, design and development
- Proven analytical skills and ability to own work from problem to resolution
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with a small, close team
- Skills: Shell, Linux, PostgreSQL, NoSQL (Mongo)
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling